Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Accessibility and availability
- To get treatment regardless of caste, nationality, disability or source of payment.
- To be provided with immediate care in case of an emergency.
- To complain to the concerned authority without prejudice to your care.
Dignity and privacy
- To receive respect and personal dignity.
- To get suitable privacy for undergoing examination, procedures and treatment.
- To get respect for your spiritual and religious beliefs in a polite manner without obstructing the ongoing treatment and in accordance with the hospital policies.
Protection and safety
- To have a safe and protected environment for you and your relatives
- To be protected from abuse, neglect, assault, harassment, unnecessary use of restraint, manhandling and other similar instances.
Right to information and education
- To be informed about the services and care available at the hospital.
- To have a right to be informed and educated about diagnosis and treatment in a language and format that you can understand.
- To have information of your care providers
- To be informed about your disease, care plan, alternative plans and possible outcomes
- To be educated about safe and effective use of medicines, and their potential side effects, diet and nutrition requirements, Immunization, prevention of infections, where applicable
Involvement in decision making
- To select or change their treating doctor.
- To accept or refuse the medical treatment offered.
- To give informed consent before treatment begins.
- To withdraw your consent for further treatment and refuse treatment after that.
- To be fully involved in decision making about your care.
- To be given the opportunity to ask questions.
Treatment cost to be declared
- To be provided the tentative bill amount for “package” surgeries and planned hospitalization or any treatment which does not fall under a “package” surgery.
- To be provided with the rough estimate of bill amount before any type of treatment.
- To get information of day to day hospital bills in accordance with policy.
Confidentiality of information
- All information regarding the patient’s background (medical or non-medical) will be kept confidential except in instances where disclosure is required by law.
- Family members may also be denied access to certain information unless consented to by the patient. This will not apply to minors, and individuals who are incapable of exercising rational decision making.
- Only those staff members who are involved in patient care or are specifically authorized by the hospital will have the right to access patient information.
Voicing of complaints
- Patients and their persons living with patient [attendants] can voice their complaints in case they feel aggrieved.
- To receive feedback on action taken for complaints registered in the hospital
- PATIENT’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide correct & detailed history of your healthcare problems to your doctor.
- To fully understand the treatment and its “risks and benefits” before and during the stay of the patient in the hospital.
- To follow the treatment plans established by the consultant doctor, nurse, and other healthcare professionals.
- To understand that in case you do not follow or discontinue the treatment prescribed by the care provider during and after your hospital stay, you will be held solely responsible for the adverse consequences if any.
- To understand that in case you leave against medical advice it will be at your own risk and responsibility.
- To pay the hospital bills as and when requested.
- To co-operate with Hospital Staff as required for all hospital cleaning and treatment protocols.
- To strictly follow these hospital rules:
- To keep your mobile phones on silent mode.
- Do not make noise or create a nuisance.
- Do not talk loudly.
- Only one person [called “Attendant”] is permitted in the patient’s room.
- This hospital is a “Tobacco and Alcohol Free Zone”. Use of tobacco in any form like smoking, chewing, sniffing etc is strictly prohibited. Consumption alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Spitting anywhere in the hospital premises is strictly prohibited.
- Entry to admitted patients areas is permitted only by taking permission from nursing staff or doctors. Please follow the rules strictly. This helps in early health recovery of patients.
- Patient Attendants are responsible for their belongings.
- In case you have any complaints please contact the Floor In charge or Admin Manager
- Any person who enters a property with intent to commit an offence or to intimidate, insult or annoy, is said to commit “Criminal Trespass”.
- Whoever with intent to cause, or knowing that he is likely to cause, wrongful loss or damage to the public or to any person, causes the destruction of any property, or any such change in any property or in the situation thereof as destroys or diminishes its value or utility, or affects it injuriously, commits “Mischief”.
Awareness of Staff
All the staff members of Global Longlife Hospital will be trained and sensitized on their responsibilities in protecting patient rights.
Patient’s Grievance Redressal:
The management of Global Longlife Hospital shall be responsible to address the patients grievances with respect to patient’s right and management keep records of violation of patient rights and take corrective/preventive measures to prevent recurrences. Grievance Redressal mechanism for patients in Global Hospital is always accessible. Information shall be clearly displayed on how to voice a complaint.